Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[tabtrailers] Re: Time for a new Tow Vehicle...thoughts on small SUV?

 

Hey gang, I'm still ne to the site but it's great. Had my T@B almost 5 years and we drag it all over AZ. Your Liberty with the tow package will have no troubles at all. My wife's '08 Liberty with the tow package does great.

--- In tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com, "webwiz_tn" <arlene.samowich@...> wrote:
>
> All -
>
> I bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty several weeks ago after a horrendous 7-week experience with a pre-owned 2007 Mazda CX9. I have not contributed to this thread because I have not yet had an opportunity to tow my T@B.
>
> All I can say is that I wish I had made this decision before I got involved with the CX9! I an enjoying the Jeep and am anxiously awaiting camping weather. The vehicle does have a 5000# towing capacity and the Trailer Tow Class III package comes with:
>
> 7-Pin Wiring Harness
> 7-to-4-Pin Wiring Adaptor
> Class III Receiver Hitch
> Full-Size Spare Tire
> Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
> Power Steering Cooler
> Trailer Sway Control
> Trailer Tow Group
>
> The spare tire is now housed underneath the vehicle and the receiver hitch sticks out a bit from the vehicle (instead of under the bumper) which should make it so much easier to attach the chains.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Best regards,
> Arlene
>
>
> --- In tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com, "C" <familybakerfive@> wrote:
> >
> > Theresa, unless the tow rating has changed in the last couple of model years on the Jeep Liberty, it did have a rating of 5,000. That's an SUV I am considering.
> >
> > Thanks for your break-down on each. That's informative.
> >
> > Crystal
> >
> > --- In tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com, "theresakoth" <theresakoth@> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > Here's a summary and a big Thank You to all for your great input. I've
> > > considered many of the vehicles that were mentioned.
> > >
> > > The Conclusion for me is a diesel Grand Cherokee. 5,000+ tow capacity,
> > > 21 mpg average, and I can run biodiesel.
> > >
> > > Based on the owner's database showing tow vehicles I calculated the
> > > breakdown:
> > >
> > > 53% of us tow with SUVs
> > > 30% of us tow with a truck
> > > 17% of us tow with a car
> > >
> > > Also, for posterity's sake, here are some thoughts about my test drives.
> > > My needs are adequate towing for mountain driving, better than average
> > > gas mileage and/or reduced environmental impact. If anyone has any
> > > questions on these, please feel free to email me.
> > >
> > > * Toyota Highlander: The gas model was great at 5,000 lbs max, but
> > > the Hybrid maxed out at 3,500 lbs. Thanks Sandra, for the
> > > recommendation and I think you're right about needing closer to 5,000.
> > > * Jeep Liberty: A great car with 3,500 towing and good hp/torque.
> > > Thanks to Mark & Leslie for the suggestion, but I think the hills
> > > require a bit more for me.
> > > * Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: Good tow capacity at 3,500 lbs but too
> > > stripped-down on aesthetics for this girly-girl.
> > > * Hyundai Santa Fe: Out of all of them, this drove the nicest. Had
> > > great user options and stock class III hitch with wiring harness. The
> > > 3,500 lb limit would be great on the plains, but I felt for regular use
> > > in the mountains, it didn't fit. Thanks Gid, for the suggestion though.
> > > * Toyota Rav4: 3,500 tow capacity, swinging rear door, good gas
> > > mileage.
> > > * Toyota 4Runner: Had one of these and loved it. Same gas mileage as
> > > Highlander, but tows much more. Love it, but was looking for better gas
> > > mileage and lower carbon footprint. Thanks David, for the suggestion
> > > and I'm jealous.
> > > * Toyota FJ Cruiser: Liked the tow/cargo capacity, but in driving it
> > > seemed that the windows had too small visibility. I also didn't like
> > > the mileage and the fact that the FJ and Rav4 had swing-out rear doors
> > > which I felt wouldn't work when hitched. Great car though, Cindy and I
> > > hope you have fun with it. :)
> > > * Ford Escape & Explorer: I didn't consider these because of my bad
> > > previous experience. purely personal bias and I'm sure they're more
> > > than adequate.
> > >
> > > Thanks to Mervyn who got me looking at the diesels. While for finacial
> > > reasons, I eliminated most of the diesel SUV's currently on the market
> > > (Mercedes, VW, Audi) I found that Jeep made diesel SUVs in the Grand
> > > Cherokee (2007-2008) and the Liberty (2005-2006). A combination of good
> > > torque, mercedes-designed 3L V6 and average of 21 mpg sold me on the
> > > Grand Cherokee model.
> > >
> > > Happy T@bbing <mailto:T@bbing> ,
> > > Theresa
> > > #0576
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment