Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[tabtrailers] Re: Cracked Trim - Options?

 

I had this issue on my 2005 T@B for years.
Last fall, I made a repair with fiberglass.
In January, we left frozen Québec with the T@B to southern states.
When I checked the repair a few days ago ( we are now in Louisiana) I found that the repair is OK, but on driver's side a new crack has appeared about one foot from the place that was repaired.
We have to consider that the T@B trailer is not a one shell trailer like a fiberglass one (ex. U-Haul in the '80s)and that it is submitted to movements on the bad roads.
I think that the solution would be to have 3 short trims on each side in place of 2. The one in front seemed to be OK, but the one in back is too long and cannot obey to the stress given to the trailer on the roads ( and also stress by temperature: at minus 25F plastic becomes easy to crack)
My conclusion: I will let it like it is now, mainly because I observed that the gap in the new crack is not always the same. Sometimes I can see a gap of 1/8" and after a while on the road, the gap can be nothing.
Pierre

--- In tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com, "BocoTim" <varechel@...> wrote:
>
> FWIW - The new quote came in at $155 for 2 top, rear trim pieces + labor (~$65). Total for this repair would be around $220.
>
> Also, I'm told that the trim pieces are only warranted for 90 days, so, unfortunately, the warranty on the original pieces has long ago expired.
>
> - Tim
>
> --- In tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com, "BocoTim" <varechel@> wrote:
> >
> > For what it is worth - I just heard back from my local repair shop. They said that Dutchman has the trim in stock (at least the white). The repair shop estimated $65 for labor to replace two rear pieces, and the cost of each lower, rear trim piece would be about $60/each. I actually need the top rear pieces instead, so I will be getting a new quote in a day or two, and I'll pass on the information when I do.
> >
> > Tim
> > Boulder, CO
> >
> > --- In tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com, "BocoTim" <varechel@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Folks,
> > >
> > > Just returned from checking up on my T@B which is stored outside on a lot for the winter, and I found that the trim has cracked in several places, laterally, all the way through. This is very similar to the pics posted here by another owner:
> > >
> > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tabtrailers/photos/album/68233032/pic/874900483/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc
> > >
> > > My Tab is a 2010 model, purchased in the Fall of 2009 (1.5 years old). Would the trim still be under warranty? Are parts still available? If not, what have others done to deal with this issue?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Tim
> > > Boulder, CO
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment