Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[tabtrailers] Missing Stabilizer Screws

 

Hi all!

While crawling around under our T@B working on a project to be described later, I discovered that I was missing a couple of screws and washers from my stabilizers. I put photos in the "*T@B Issues folder" in the photo section here. Yes, It occurs to me that I didn't include a photo of the new screw and washer but it was getting dark and you can plainly see where it goes.

The issue is that these screws are not normally stocked in many hardware stores. The screw is a 1/2" long by 1/4" diameter metal screw. Most stores here only stock them down to 3/4 inch length. I ordered several from a local "Fastenal" store.

The washer is an oddball too in that it is a 7/8" fender washer. (It may be a metric size but I was too lazy to look) I substituted a 1" fender washer with a 1/4" center hole. That is a bit large but will do the job.

The function of this screw/washer combination appears to be to cover the opening rather than to hold things together. The washer should be allowed to move freely so it doesn't bind up the motion of the stabilizer, therefore, one should give special attention to how tightly the screw is fastened.

The crud & mud on the bottom of our T@B and on the stabilizer is from a combination of lubes used in the last year on the stabilizer and a liberal splashing of good Utah mud I picked up on the way to Monument Valley. A thorough cleaning will come at the end of the project mentioned earlier which is related to moisture issues in our floor.

From under the T@B, I am:

Jay
Jay & Beth
#1896

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment