Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [tabtrailers] Hand brake

 

Rich
Next time just try backing up just a bit and see if that doesn't help..
I always backed up even if it was 6"-12" every time I released the hand brake. In camp ground or at home.
~ken


From: Rich Wayne <capecodguy45@yahoo.com>
To: tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, March 31, 2011 2:54:58 PM
Subject: Re: [tabtrailers] Hand brake

 

I found also that leaving it in place for too long  - like several months caused the brakes to stay engaged after I let down the lever - took a while (and a hammer ) to free up the brakes from the brake drum.


--- On Thu, 3/31/11, Richard Schoon <bigpicture88@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Richard Schoon <bigpicture88@yahoo.com>
Subject: [tabtrailers] Hand brake
To: tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 1:51 PM

 
Going down the hwy with the brake on can really ruin my day and more.Burned out drums and axles is a real bummer.This I know will sooner or late happen if I use the hand brake "regularly". Thus I only use the hand brake while I'm unhooked.When I re-hook, I make an effort to not get the hitch right under the ball thus requireing me to move the T@B at least a little bit which in turn makes me release the brake on the trailer.I think this a good policy for all T@B owners

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment