Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[tabtrailers] Re: Hand brake

 

Because I've had a history of the brakes not releasing, I always back up at least 6 feet after pulling out of wherever it's been parked with the brake handle in the up position. I've also been seen checking the area at the universal joint to be sure the "buttons" for the 'lines' are seated flat against the plate. Then when you roll out, check your mirrors and be sure your wheels are rolling freely.

Sandra Rutan

--- In tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com, Rich Wayne <capecodguy45@...> wrote:
>
> I found also that leaving it in place for too long  - like several months caused the brakes to stay engaged after I let down the lever - took a while (and a hammer ) to free up the brakes from the brake drum.
>
>
> --- On Thu, 3/31/11, Richard Schoon <bigpicture88@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: Richard Schoon <bigpicture88@...>
> Subject: [tabtrailers] Hand brake
> To: tabtrailers@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 1:51 PM
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
> Going down the hwy with the brake on can really ruin my day and more.Burned out drums and axles is a real bummer.This I know will sooner or late happen if I use the hand brake "regularly". Thus I only use the hand brake while I'm unhooked.When I re-hook, I make an effort to not get the hitch right under the ball thus requireing me to move the T@B at least a little bit which in turn makes me release the brake on the trailer.I think this a good policy for all T@B owners
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment