Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[tabtrailers] Spare Tire Removal

 

I want to thank everyone who posted in threads regarding the spare tire removal. I undertook the project today and can confirm the need to beat the spare with several kicks to dislodge it from its mount.

If I would have needed to do this on the side of the road it would have been a real adventure.

I mounted my spare using the Harbor Freight tongue mount (http://www.harborfreight.com/trailer-spare-tire-carrier-93341.html). It was an easy install and the spare will be easily accessable if needed. If you use this mount I would advise placing rubber pieces between the mount and any place it touches the tongue. This will prevent an cathotic action between the steel mount and the aluminum tongue.

If you have not moved the spare to another location, I would stongly suggest you do so before you really need it.

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment