Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [tabtrailers] 12 volt outlets in 2004 T@BS?

 

Karen, an inverter uses a 12VDC source to produce a 120VAC output. If the 120V device uses the same amount of energy as the 12V device, the inverter will still need the same amount of current* input as the 12V device operated directly, so you won't gain anything. The 120VAC device will use much less current than the 12V device, but at the higher voltage, But to get that voltage, the inverter will have to use more power input. The formula for power is voltage times current. To keep the power the same, when one goes down, the other has to come up. I would avoid using a 12V outlet for anything requiring higher power. An inverter operated from a 12V outlet is handy for recharging smaller batteries for cameras, phones, small fans, portable computers, etc. but not higher-current devices, unless one has some very large storage batteries and larger wiring and appropriate receptacle.
 
*Actually, a little more current input is required for the converter to produce the same amount of power out, since some power is lost in the conversion process.
 
Jerry J
    
----- Original Message -----
From: Karen
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: [tabtrailers] 12 volt outlets in 2004 T@BS?

 

My 2007 did not have one I installed one myself. Jerry can help he helped me. Just don't plug in a 12v curling iron. I'll use an inverter next tome. Almost started a fire glad the 12v plug had an online fuse

Sent from my iPod

On May 31, 2011, at 2:30 PM, "vitabin_c" <florida32901@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi! I am getting my list together for my trip out West and want to use the Endless Breeze 12 volt fan but it occured to me I dont know if the early T@BS came with a 12 volt plug in anywhere inside the trailer?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Melissa
> 2004 U-dinette
> Aluminum #166
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment